A List of Resources to Support the Black Lives Matter Movement
Here you will find a collection of resources to get involved and work in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. As the protests begin to die down, it is imperative that we don't lose momentum and CONTINUE to press forward towards change. We have work to do. A good place to start is here...
•"Let's Get to the Root of Racial Injustice": Megan Ming Francis
• "Your Kids Aren't Too Young to Talk About Race": Pretty Good Design
• White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism: Robin DiAngelo
• Dear White People: Netflix
• 13th: Netflix
George Floyd Memorial Fund: The official GoFundMe to support the Floyd family.
Justice for Breonna Taylor Fund: The official GoFundMe to support Breonna's family.
• Call (502) 696-5300: Call to demand that Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron charge the officers who wrongly killed Breonna Taylor.
• Call (502) 574-2003: Call to demand that Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer fire the officers who murdered Breonna Taylor.
• Call (502) 574-7111: Call Police Chief Robert Schroeder to demand that he complete the investigation immediately and turn it over to Breonna's lawyers and the Attorney General.
Philadelphia Bail Fund: There is an urgent need to post bail as COVID-19 threatens people in jail, where crowded living quarters and inadequate health care make conditions ripe for a viral outbreak.
Defund & Reform: Organizations are working to redesign policing at the foundation. Supporting these groups means ending the militarization of the police, beginning community oversight, and eliminating for-profit policing techniques like quota-driven ticketing. http://phillywerise.com/defundpolice/
Anti-Racism for Beginners: If you have ever asked the following questions:
“I’m afraid that I don’t know enough.”
“I’m afraid to say the wrong thing.”
“I don’t know what steps to take or how to take action.”
This is an extremely helpful and educational guide to get you started on a lifelong journey of unlearning racial biases.